Take your classic chocolate chip cookie recipe and hack it with simple replacements that allow you to have your treats, eat them too, and still feel and look like YOU. I love this recipe because it tastes even better with the healthy swaps. But I’ll let you be the judge.
- 1/2 cup organic butter, softened
- ½ cup organic coconut oil, unrefined
- 1 cup white Monk Fruit Sweetener Lakanto Brand
- 1 cup packed brown sugar – Swerve Sweetener Brand
- 3 organic, brown eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups gluten free flower (ie. oatmeal, brown rice OR coconut flower)
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (organic preferred)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the organic butter, coconut oil, Lakanto white sugar, and Swerve brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips. Drop large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 – 13 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.