Whether you want to save a fortune from going to you-know-where (eh hem, a “small” runs you about $4.25 per visit) OR you want to avoid consuming a cupful of pesticides from conventional coffee, OR perhaps you want to avoid drinking 40 grams of refined sugar everyday – this PSL recipe is for YOU!
Give it a shot and make it a delicious, healthy habit instead of an expensive, unhealthy drive-thru habit this season.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic milk of your choice
- 3 spoonfuls of organic canned pumpkin OR I really like to use the hormone-free, undenatured Pumpkin Spice Isalean Protein powder by Isagenix
- Dash of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- A few drops of liquid Stevia (or organic sweetener of your choice to taste)
- 1 cup of organic coffee (FYI I buy the organic Isagenix coffee b/c it’s infused w/ green tea and coconut oil to be balanced to the same pH level as your mouth…give it a try and your dentist may love you for it) Available at www.aubreyworek.isagenix.com
- Top-off with cinnamon
- In a saucepan or pot, stir together your milk, canned pumpkin OR pumpkin protein powder. Cook on low to medium heat on the stove top for about a minute.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, spices, and sweetener. You can also use an immersion blender on low.
- Pour into your favorite to-go mug and you’re ready for a rockin’ Fall day!
*Factoids from the Organic Consumers Association and Natural News…
Did you know…Coffee beans are one of the crops most heavily sprayed with pesticides.
Decaf is even worse because the beans come from conventional coffee, which are laced with pesticides. The majority of conventionally decaffeinated coffee is produced by soaking coffee beans in a toxic soup of solvents like methylene chloride, a suspected human carcinogen, which targets the central nervous system or ethyl acetate a central nervous system poison and also considered harmful to the kidneys and liver?
NOTE: there are better ways being used to extract caffeine from coffee beans. Study-up before drinking your next cup.