Use prepared, mashed cauliflower from the frozen food section
- 1lb ground grass-fed/grass-finished beef or wild, ground turkey
- 1/2-1 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bag frozen veggies (carrots, green beans, peas, corn)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 T tomato paste
- 1 T flour
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1 t dried rosemary
- 1 t dried thyme
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- Thaw cauliflower in the oven.
- *Cook ground beef In a skillet (with cooking spray) until brown and broken into small pieces.
- *Once cooked, add olive oil onions. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- *Add garlic and salt and pepper. Cook one minute.
- *Stir in the flour until combined and cook one minute.
- *Slowly add the chicken broth and stir well to combine.
- *Add the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and rosemary. Stir well to combine.
- *Add frozen vegetables and stir to combine.
- *Transfer mixture to a greased baking dish, 8×8 or 9×9.
- *Top with mashed cauliflower.
- *Bake 25 minutes, until filling is bubbly, and top is slightly browned.
Recipe courtesy of Andi Martin-Wagner