This has gotta be the EASIEST thing you’ll ever make! It will be a crowd and kid-pleasing treat too. I have taken this to parties as a festive, Fall dip and brought along organic apple slices and graham crackers – YUM!
Also, I have made this as a mid-afternoon snack/ dessert (guilt-free, HELLO) and I count it as a serving of starch, protein and healthy fat.
There are so many variations of this – have fun experimenting and let me know how you like it and/or how you have altered it to make it even more fun.
Best in health,
Makes two servings or will feed about 8-10 people if you take it to a small gathering.
- 1 small can of organic pumpkin (make sure you do not accidentally buy pumpkin pie filling – just get the plain pumpkin)
- 2 Tablespoons of your favorite healthy organic oil (I like Barleans Flaxseed oil or MCT oil)
- 1/2 cup of your favorite organic protein powder (I recommend Vanilla, Eggnog or Pumpkin flavored Isagenix undenatured whey protein powder)
- Optional: add crushed walnuts or pecans for a perfect texture (make sure your guests do not have nut allergies. If you are not sure, try some raisins, chia seeds, or hemp seeds)
- Mix the Pumpkin, Protein Powder, and Oil in a bowl until smooth and creamy
- Chill in the fridge until you are ready to serve and enjoy
- Stir in your nuts, raisins or seeds (again, only an option).
- Dash on some pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- Enjoy as a pudding or as a dip with apples or a few gram crackers
- Instead of canned pumpkin, try butternut squash!
- I have never tried it, but if you’re feeling daring, mix in chocolate protein powder, dark coco powder and a little monkfruit or Swerve to taste – Hmmmm, chocolate pumpkin pudding? Is it any good – let me know!